Required: Sharpening with Japanese Waterstones Or some sharpening experience. You can also rent a sharp chisel from Mokuchi.
Recommended: Japanese Saws: Get a Grip
- 6mm(1/4″) dovetail or bench chisel
- 12mm (1/2”) paring chisel. (Bench or dovetail chisel also acceptable.)
- 210mm or finer Ryoba saw (japanese two sided pull saw) or Dozuki saw (Japanese backsaw)
- Square, hammer, pencil and eraser.
- Sashigane (Japanese square)
Contact Mokuchi to purchase tools. As a Japanese tool retailer Mokuchi provides guidance on selecting tools and a student discount.
$165 for class. An additional $20 materials fee will be required for each student at time of class.
# of Students
Time & Location
Mokuchi Studio – Port Jervis
9am – 6pm