Sharpening with Japanese Waterstones Introduction or some sharpening experience and one previous joinery class with Mokuchi or some chiseling experience.
- Plane components
- Japanese plane iron from 48mm to 60mm
- Matching Dai blank
- European Beech, Japanese white oak or with the wood of your choice
- Chip breaker
- Dai pin
- 3mm (1/8”) bench chisel
- 12mm (1/2”) or 15mm (5/8”) or 18mm(3/4”) bench chisel
- 24mm (1”) paring or bench chisel
- Sharpening stone (minimum 1000 and 6000 grit)
- Osahiki or flush cutting saw
- Pencil and eraser
- Block plane
- Scraper plane
Contact Mokuchi to purchase tools. As a Japanese tool retailer Mokuchi provides guidance on selecting tools and a student discount.
Additional tools or dai components can be purchased from Mokuchi during class.
# of Students
Time & Location
Mokuchi Studio – Port Jervis
9am – 6pm (both days)