Japanese Block Plane and Chisel Set-Up & Use and/or at least one joinery class
- 6mm(1/4″) bench chisel
- 12mm (1/2”) paring chisel. (Bench or dovetail chisel also acceptable.)
- 24mm(1”) bench chisel.
- 210mm Ryoba saw (Japanese two sided pull saw)
- Block plane
- Square, hammer, pencil and eraser
- Dozuki saw (Japanese backsaw)
- Marking gauge
- Sashigane (Japanese square)
Contact Mokuchi to purchase tools. As a Japanese tool retailer Mokuchi provides guidance on selecting tools and a student discount.
$155 for class
Additional materials fee required for each student at time of class. Option for Basswood ($20 materials fee) or Mahogany ($35 materials fee).
# of Students
Time & Location
Mokuchi Studio – Brooklyn
9am – 6pm